Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hmmm

Well I don't really have any earth-shattering news for this blog, but I thought I'd write and let everyone know what is going on in ours lives.

The High School Retreat was a great time for our students. I got to take my mini nap every day which was nice. We had 5-6 students accept Christ or re-dedicate their lives. It was such a great time to get to know the kids. Sadly, I came home, slept the whole weekend and still ended up having to go to the doctor because I got sick from the trip. Oh well, my immune system isn't what it used to be. That took up about 3 weeks of my life and evenings since I barely made it through the school day and then came home and crashed. But I'm better now. I am even starting to get that energy that is supposed to come in the second trimester. I still like to nap but I feel like doing more and don't feel like I've been hit by a bus all the time!

An update on Michael. I am sure he doesn't like me sharing about his dissertation, but hey, people keep asking me so I'll update on what I know. He has a topic, I don't understand it, he doesn't like to talk about it, we don't really discuss it. I really feel sorry for him. He works hard all day on researching and reading and trying to figure out how to get this whole thing done in a timely manner and yet feels like it isn't getting anywhere. Prayers are still needed in that area. I feel like the conversations in our house are similar to Pinky and the Brain. I am obviously Pinky because life is just fun and well I am clueless as to what goes on. He is the Brain...need I say more? For a while I would ask him "What are you going to do today?" His response, "School or the same thing as every day." If you imagine you the voices of the characters it might be a little funny in your head...it is in mine. :)

Baby news: We don't have a sex yet. I haven't done much of the "old wives tales" as to what I am having but we will find out the truth at the end of October. I did get to hear the heart today. That is always fun. And to update on the weight, I have only gained 3 1/2 lbs since my last weigh in. I think that is good! I am proud of myself. 

Well that's about all for us this time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment