Friday, April 8, 2011

1 Month

Well as stated in my last blog, I can't believe how time flies. Today Sydnee turns 1 month old. I am still in awe of it all. We are starting to get some sleep. This week has definitely been the turn around week and starting to give me hope that I can make it! She started sleeping longer at night. By longer, 5 hour feeding sessions, except for last night, she went back to 4. She has taken her naps in her crib. We are very excited about this new development. Last night Sydnee slept in her crib all night but 1 sleep cycle. She didn't burp and she can't lay on her back when she doesn't burp. I figured that out the hard way. But this was her first night to try the crib. I am hoping her longer sleep cycle will kick back in once she gets used to the crib. We are still working on her going to sleep on her own, but that is a process, I think. It has slowly improved from the beginning. I can now put her down when she is just at the beginning of falling asleep and too tired to fight staying awake. We can handle that!

Michael and I did some "home" measurements of our 1 month old. We think she weighs 9.2lbs. Which is almost 2 full pounds since she was born! YEAH!!! She measured 22 1/2 inches which means she grew 2 1/2 inches. Now I know the doctor may have different ways of measuring but this is for us. She is growing up so fast! She is starting to smile. We aren't sure what she is smiling at but it is really cute.

Here is her 1 month picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment