Friday, May 20, 2011

2 Month Wellness

So Sydnee had her 2 month wellness check today. I am so proud to be her mother. She is such a blessing to me and to her dad. Each night as we check on her before we go to bed, we just stand in awe of how wonderful she is or notice something cute she does in her sleep. We are constantly entertained. She has also started cooing and "talking" to herself. Absolutely the most wonderful sounds I have ever heard. I love how she smiles at me and grabs my fingers when she sits on my lap. Sadly, I don't have her smiling in pictures yet. I never seem to have the camera ready when she is doing her happy time. I will work on that...no worries. She has found her thumb. She sucks on it at night to go to sleep and in the morning to wake up. I know this because she does not suck on it quietly. It is a very loud noise. Fortunately for us, for now, she does not suck on her thumb or paci while she sleeps, only around sleep time. Hopefully she will keep up this habit and not become a full-fledged thumb sucker so we won't have major dental bills in the years to come.


As far as her updates on her stats:

Height: 22.4" and in the 50%
Weight: 10lbs 11oz and in the 50 %
Head Circumference: 15.6" and in the 75%

Dr. G. said she was growing at a good rate and she "must" be smart for such a large head! Haha! I am sure she was just being nice but we like to hear that fun stuff. She also said she was perfect which every parent wants to hear about their child.

Sleep Habits:
Sydnee is our champion sleeper. We are so proud and I have a hard time not bragging about our little girl. But just this week she has set her own schedule, so to speak. Sydnee wakes up at 7AM (wonderful for me!), eats a short breakfast with a short wake time and then goes back to bed for a little bit. She then eats again between 9:30-10 and stays awake for about an hour before her nap. She then eats again around 1, then 3:30-4, then 6ish and then 8 before her bedtime. She takes only one long nap during the day, either morning or afternoon, and knows her bedtime routine. She then sleeps for about 11 hours at night! I can't believe how awesome she is! Bedtime routine consists of a bath or changing into her nighttime diaper and then her pj's. She then eats and then goes to sleep.

Diapers:
At this subject, many call me crazy, but I don't care. We changed to cloth diapers beginning last week. She is doing awesome. No more diaper rash and the diapers are super easy to put on and keep clean. We use Bumgenius and Fuzzibunz. We are pleased with both brands. She doesn't like to be wet, so I am hoping potty training will be easy when we try to start that. Her nighttime diaper is HUGE! We double layer the padding in it and it makes her look like she has a large ba-donk-a-donk!
Closest picture to 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment