Friday, May 20, 2011

Becoming Mommy

There are so many times in our lives that we mark as those special events. We get our license at 16, finally taking our first solo trip out into the real world. We can vote at 18 or buy tobacco (if you're into that). Finally making into your 20's and then the next year you are 21. At this point you start to think about all the events that lead up to that special time of becoming a mom. You find THE ONE. You get married. Somewhere down the road you find out you are going to have a baby! You have 9 months to prepare yourself for something that you can never be prepared for. I don't care what the books say, there is no way you can be prepared for mommyhood. I wouldn't trade one sleepless night for my little girl but as soon as she gets here, you count up all the ways that make you mommy.

Sleepless nights...too many to count. Changing diapers....too many to count. Feeding your little angel...too many to count. Taking your little one to get their shots...painful for both mommy and baby...but the recovery time and cuddle time after make it all OK, somehow. Then there are all the "OH so happy moments". The first time she smiles at you or starts to laugh. Currently, Sydnee is sitting in her swing. She "talked" to her elephant on the fabric of her seat until she was too tired and fell asleep. These moments I will treasure forever. The first time she found her thumb and preferred that to her pacifier. And my all-time favorite is just the happy feeling I have when she just wants to cuddle with me.

I love being a mom. I am beyond blessed to have this little person in my life. God knew what we needed in our lives to completely change us for the better. Sydnee, I love you with all my heart and I will always love you no matter what!
I'm getting so big!

Happy Sydnee!

No comments:

Post a Comment