Friday, May 20, 2011

Blowout!

Disclaimer! This is about POOP!

So Sydnee has developed this lovely habit that I would like to say I wish she didn't have. Apparently, some breast milk babies do not go to the bathroom around 2 months. Their body absorbs all the nutrients and it takes a while for them to "build up" enough to go to the bathroom. Now granted, Syd's going to kill me when she finds out I blogged about the embarrassing subject, but many moms have had these hilarious days of diaper blowouts. So Sydnee did not go to the bathroom for 1 week and 1 day. I knew it would be a major diaper or several major diapers in a row, but I never expected this! It happened on Wednesday. I had just fed her and I was at my parents' house working on a quilt. I set her in her car seat so she could "talk" to her Poppy while he worked. After a few minutes she started this horrid grunting and her face was SO red. I thought maybe she just still didn't feel good from her shots the day before but I was so wrong. After a few minutes she started to fuss. Dad had a call coming in so I went and got her and thought, well I'll change her just in case. Well when I picked her up, I felt her onesie and it was soaked, all the way up the side! I realized I had a problem on the way. I took her into my parent's bedroom where I laid her on an old towel to start taking her clothes off. She started crying and as I pulled her top up, I saw why. There was poop coming out of the top and back of her diaper. It was in her belly button and there was so much that I couldn't scrape it off with the diaper because the diaper was already too full. I used about 15 wipes just to clean her off of the main goo. I then made a bath for her in the bathroom sink to wash off the rest of the foul smelling poop. It was by far the grossest thing that has happened since we got her home 10 weeks ago! I got her changed...left her half naked until we went home because I only had 1 spare outfit....and we went about our day. She was very happy after the fact but I am not looking forward to next weeks disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment