Saturday, August 28, 2010

Week 1...Done!

So I survived the first full week of school, Michael started teaching his Poli Sci class and we are both still alive! This week was long though. I am not used to being up on my feet all day. I got spoiled the second half of summer with all the resting I was doing. I think part of it is getting back in the swing of things and the sleepiness is due to the baby. Either way, I'm glad we got off to a great start. According to a friend at another school, only 35 weeks left. When put that way, it seems manageable.

We had a back to school fifties pep rally, I borrowed a friend's maternity clothes to get started with my wardrobe, we had our first parenting meeting night and Lecrae came to our school on Friday. All in all, it was a busy week but it did go by fast. Next week is the High School Retreat and that will be fun as well.

Besides the normal school stuff we have some other exciting stuff coming up that we would encourage prayers on our behalf.
1. We have our first Dr's appointment on Tuesday. Pray that everything goes well and we get a good report on all the preliminary tests and all that fun jazz. I'm not exactly sure what will all take place.
2. Michael got approval for his first defense of his dissertation! STEP 1 to getting this whole PhD finished. I think it is actually step 2 but this was a major step. He will be defending his topic choice on Wednesday at 1pm. Please say a prayer that this gets approved and he get get started on the rest of the process.
3. High School Retreat is next week. I am excited and yet a little tired already thinking about it. Pray that I have the energy to do what I need to do for the week and will stay healthy. Pray that the students will develop a deeper relationship with Christ and that some will have a break-through with God. Pray that the relationships of the school grow stronger.


Updates on the prayer requests will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment